Sr. Director, Marketing Analytics
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Sr. Director, Marketing Analytics
We are currently searching for an experienced leader to join us in the role of Senior Director of Marketing Analytics. This role leads a team of 3 analysts supporting Lending Club’s consumer marketing organization. This role is large in scope, responsibility, exposure, opportunity, and challenges, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to have an impact on the performance of Lending Club.
- Form close working relationships with the Marketing Leadership Team and other internal stakeholders. Proactively provide insights and become a trusted advisor.
- Become a subject matter expert on Lending Club’s marketing and customer experience activities, and develop an in-depth knowledge of all marketing, operations and risk related data sources and their application.
- Provide accurate and robust reporting and analytics to give a comprehensive view of channel performance. Support day-to-day marketing activities and key projects with analytics, financial modelling, business review materials, and fulfil ad hoc data requests.
- Partner with marketing program managers to design and execute marketing tests, improve channel efficiency, and increase growth. Inform efficient capital allocation through testing and attribution modelling.
- Develop programmatic, data science based models to drive decisions around segmentation, personalization, targeting, algorithmic contact management, attribution and automated customer lifetime value optimization.
- Maximize team performance and foster a culture of productivity, responsiveness and quality. Provide impactful leadership and coaching across a diverse team of analysts, BI developers and data scientists. Recruit effectively and ensure the team is structured to best serve its internal customers.
- Work with functions outside of marketing including Credit Risk, Operations and Product to ensure there is one source of truth for marketing data and to improve the end to end customer experience ultimately improving conversion.
- Ensure the analysis and reporting produced throughout the team is accurate and of high quality. Prioritize workload effectively and ensure the team meet their commitments in an environment where there are many overlapping deliverables, dynamic requirements, and tight deadlines.
- Manage team communications to ensure output is presented clearly and concisely. Develop compelling presentations for both internal and external customers.
- Ten or more years of experience in analytical roles. Experience in Financial Services preferred. Direct experience with credit products a plus.
- A deep understanding of and extensive background in direct response/acquisition marketing both online and offline.
- Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Proficient in developing high quality, reusable, and scalable analytics supporting a wide variety of customer and business outcomes
- Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with a clear track record of success and increasing levels of responsibility.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership ability, with experience of managing and building a team.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements into specific analysis projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with outstanding presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics and familiarity with working with large datasets. (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.)
- Expertise with Excel, SQL, Tableau, Qlikview, SAS, R and Python.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or Economics.
- Master’s degree highly desired.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top