Sr DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
In This Role You Will
As a DevOps Engineer you will take ownership for automating and managing the full lifecycle of Lending Club's core systems. SRE's work within the operations team to develop the software that is responsible for building, deploying, monitoring and scaling our systems. You will be part of a core team that has a high degree of autonomy and leverage to change the way that financial service products are delivered to consumers and institutions.
- Work closely with product and engineering to make sure our systems are robust and easy to manage
- Integrate a variety of SaaS and On-Prem monitoring and systems management tools to build a system that excels at solving our needs
- Develop software tools that integrate with IaaS control plane to manage infrastructure
- Monitor site availability and reliability on a daily basis
- Define and implement improvements to systems and processes
- Participate in on-call rotation
Must have skills
- Experience in Linux Administration
- Proficiency in a variety of scripting languages - we use Bash, Python, and Groovy
- Burning desire to automate anything and everything that can possibly be automated
- Love of test automation to make sure your code actually works
- A defined point of view for what it takes to build cloud-native systems
- Deep understanding of one or more Cloud/IaaS, PaaS systems (e.g., AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Heroku, etc.)
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level architectures
- Team player
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salary, RSUs, 401K matching, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms (including an arcade!), and a super convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a 'sharing economy' company, given the massive size of the financial industry, Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive- and largest-companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top