Sr Design Researcher
Lending Club is hiring a user researcher to help bring design research to the next level, providing insights to create products that allow our customers to thrive and Lending Club to be the number one online credit marketplace. Interested in disrupting an industry and providing an alternative to the traditional banking system?
We are building a design research team to drive the development of customer insights behind our design decisions and product strategy. We're looking for someone who is passionate about human-centered design and has a consistent record of conducting research projects across different research methodologies with cross-functional teams.
What You'll Do:
- Define, plan, conduct, and analyze user research in a fast paced, agile software development environment
- Conduct user research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Collaborate with and lead research-focused conversations with stakeholders, including experience Design team members, Product Managers, Engineers and business to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Act as a champion for identification of our customers' needs and goals
- Evangelize the voice of the customer through your participation in strategic design research, usability studies, workshops, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Engage as a strategic partner and proactively identify new opportunities for delivering actionable customer insights and great customer-centered and business results
- Hold a BS, or preferably Masters, in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field
- Have an insatiable and demonstrated curiosity to answer the question "why?"
- Navigate complexity and ambiguity well and successfully get to the core questions that need to be answered
- Are a customer-focused thinker with 3+ years experience leading user experience design research for consumer web products
- You demonstrate proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact across methodologies
- Have experience with several of the following: ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), survey design, benchmarking, lab-based user testing, in depth customer interviews, iterative prototype testing, or concept testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to adjust your approach to accommodate your audience
- Comfortable leading efforts with minimal supervision
- Apply the latest lean UX methodologies and keep up to date on your craft and practice
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of LendingClub's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top