Sr Database Administrator
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
About the Team
Lending Club Database operations team is looking for self-motivated talented Database Administrator. Looking for someone who wants to be involved with designing the architecture of a scalable Enterprise MySQL and Oracle database. Successful candidate for this position will be a motivated self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies and also possesses great work ethic and a positive “get things done” attitude. Troubleshooting and analytical problem solving should be in your DNA with the big picture in mind, but at the same time has the ability to deep-dive into details to solve complex problems.
- Performs database administration functions for Oracle and MySQL database systems.
- Architect new database designs.
- Manage production and development Oracle and MySQL database clusters.
- Automate database deployments, upgrades, and monitoring.
- Database migrations.
- Assists application developers with tuning SQL in applications.
- Implements Oracle and MySQL High Availability (HA), partitioning and replication features.
- Creates, loads, and refreshes databases for testing.
- On-Call rotation for database support.
- 7+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing relational databases (Oracle, MySQL/Percona, PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field preferred.
- Preferred experience in Oracle GoldenGate and real time data streaming technologies.
- Experience operating and scaling a service in AWS, i.e. EC2, RDS.
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling.
- Experience in designing indexes, SQL queries, and resultant explanation of access paths for optimizing the SQL.
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks.
- Strong understanding of hardware performance, memory and I/O.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of database software.
- Experience in Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Good scripting/coding experience with any of the following: Unix Shell, Python and Ruby.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, a 401K match, great food, game rooms, and a convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As one of our employees put it: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top