Sr Data Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we utilize data! As a talented Senior Data Engineer, you will join our growing Data Technology team to help drive business decisions. Lending Club's business is data driven and you will build solutions to help the company make decisions about marketing, pricing, credit, funding, and many other business aspects.
- A Scrum team-player who loves to use data to analyze the past and to predict the future.
- A passionate engineer who enjoys challenging and interesting problems – big data volume, scale, performance, integration, and many others.
- A seasoned professional with 5+ years of relevant experience who is excited to apply their current skills and to grow their knowledge base.
- You are experienced in data analysis, mapping, and modeling
- You have developed high performance SQL/Hive queries and data transformation jobs
- You have strong relational database skills - design, scalability
- You are experienced with BigData challenges and NoSQL technologies (like HBase, Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, MongoDB)
- You have used UNIX/Linux, as well as scripted using either shell, Perl, Python, etc.
- You have designed/architected solutions that are performant and of quality standards
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing.
- You have a track record in finding solutions to problems
- You are an excellent communicator
- Java experience is a big advantage
- Exposure to AWS is a plus
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top