Sr Corporate Counsel
About Lending Club
Lending Club opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then we've built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're super conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
We are searching for an experienced corporate lawyer to join our legal team in San Francisco. This Senior Corporate Counsel will help develop and maintain the corporate infrastructure that will be key to Lending Club's growth and continued success.
This lawyer will manage the general corporate legal work for the company, such as securities reporting, Board meeting support, and merger and acquisition activity. This role requires someone who can work as part of the legal team to support various business needs. He or she will prepare Lending Club's SEC filings, build consistent processes from filing to filing and deal to deal, and implement processes to ensure that we capture and share the institutional knowledge acquired as we continue to innovate and grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage preparation of corporate securities, including treasury activities (including corporate finance transactions) and SEC reporting (including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings); assist with Disclosure Committee process; and ensure compliance with listing rules and requirements;
- Support Investor Relations, Marketing and Communications teams, including drafting and reviewing press releases, earnings releases, investor presentations and other materials; advise on Regulation FD and address other analyst, media and communication matters;
- Assist in corporate governance matters including the coordination of Board and committee meetings and provide legal support and governance advice on matters relating to Board and committee best practices
- Manage corporate structure
- Support major transactions, including M&A and strategic transactions from pipeline and planning stages through and including deal negotiation, execution, and integration
- Coordinate with and efficiently manage external counsel
- Work collaboratively with Accounting, Business Units, Corporate Development, Finance, Human Resources, Tax, and Treasury functions
- JD with excellent academic credentials
- 8+ years of legal experience, including experience in a national law firm or comparable corporate environment; in-house experience is a plus
- Strong experience in securities law/SEC reporting matters, equity investments, corporate finance, and corporate governance
- Substantial experience in M&A transactions, with deep expertise regarding M&A structures, documents, and related issues
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, including a team-first attitude
- Well organized, self-motivated and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members, including good judgment that balances legal requirements with practical business needs
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to embrace innovation and change, and belief that there is always room for improvement
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top