Sr Analyst, Data Science
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California right next to public transportation.
Lending Club's Risk Team is responsible for aggregating, structuring and analyzing the data flowing through the platform in order to accurately the credit risk of applicants. This includes both traditional data sources such as credit bureau data and less structured non-traditional data sources.
The Role: This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly analytical, data-centric team at a fast growing FinTech company. You will partner with internal stakeholders from across the business to help drive new analytical insights and drive business value. More specifically, the role will focus on supporting our Small Business lending team.
- Extract new variables to use for underwriting from new data sources
- Evaluate the utility of untested data sources
- Build reports to monitor the risk and return performance for LendingClub's Small Business products
- Research and build innovative solutions to enable large scale risk assessment and decisions
- Conduct on-going risk solutions/strategy performance monitoring and re-optimization
- Work with product managers and engineering teams in deploying risk decisioning strategies, system improvements, new product capabilities, trouble-shooting issues etc.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis related to credit risk management, communicate and share insights
- Advanced degree with 1+ years of relevant professional experience strongly preferred
- Programming competency in languages such as SQL, SAS, R, and Python required
- Proven experience in employing machine learning/analytics solution on real world problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with peers and senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Prior knowledge of credit risk management is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top