SOX Program Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Role:
The Lending Club SOX Program Manager is a motivated self-starter who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who easily adapts to change with minimal supervision. The SOX Program Manager is a member of the Internal Audit team and is responsible to lead the coordination of the SOX Program by working with process owners, co-sourced providers, and external auditors to ensure SOX 404 objectives, deliverables, and timelines are met.
- Perform annual scoping and risk assessment, and determine overall timeline, testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Evaluate changes to business processes that have a direct impact to the financial statements and related disclosures.
- Oversee updates to all Section 404 documentation as required including COSO framework mapping, process and control flowcharts, risk and controls matrix, and testing approach.
- Supervise co-sourced providers and review work products to ensure that standards of quality are maintained and to evaluate and conclude on control assessments.
- Research and assess the impact of potential issues, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and track control testing progress, control gaps, and remediation efforts.
- Identify opportunities to optimize controls testing to drive efficiencies.
- Provide subject matter expertise on control design adequacy and operating effectiveness.
- Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the framework for evaluating control exceptions.
- Create status updates to senior management and Audit Committee reporting
- Support the performance of internal audits and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles, and formulate effective solutions.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Act as a trusted advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Big 4 public accounting or similar experience, including internal controls assessments and financial statement audits.
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB and SOX standards, US GAAP, and COSO guidelines.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable collaborating with business stakeholders, and identifying and addressing business needs through building solid relationships.
- Demonstrate a balance of internal audit skills with common-sense and an excellent ability to communicate verbally with business partners.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top