Software Engineer – Threat Intelligence & Response
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
The Threat Intelligence and Response Engineering team is a highly visible team that is composed of curious, passionate security experts and plays a key role in protecting the Lending Club platform and corporate infrastructure. Our team identifies and aggregates security relevant information in order to orchestrate and report on security incident response processes. We embrace automation and believe it is the key to scaling.
- Passionate about computer security, ideally in both an offensive and defensive capacity.
- Experienced in Python or Java as a Software Engineer and are comfortable at a terminal prompt.
- Aware that the security team enables a business and can empathize with your teammates and business partners.
- Motivated to find a solution and accept compromise when it's appropriate to achieve a greater mission.
- Develop and deploy tools and services that automate or improve existing threat detection and response processes, as well as service the business function by providing security relevant data about our customers.
- Architect and deploy practical and reliable security technologies.
- Investigate security alerts from tools, user reports, and external security incidents that impact us.
- Author response runbooks that help us efficiently respond to frequent incident types.
- Join an on-call rotation that handles critical security alerts and incidents.
You're an ideal fit if you are:
- Experienced in a production Splunk environment, preferably one that uses Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Passionate about sharing security knowledge.
- Comfortable performing data analysis and understand the value of machine learning and anomaly detection.
- Very familiar with TCP/IP networking concepts and protocols (e.g. HTTP, TLS, DNS).
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top