Software Engineer - Big Data
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we do data! Our Big Data Solutions group is responsible for the strategic architecture, engineering and deployment of our Big Data ecosystem; including a large initiative to move our entire Big Data platform to AWS while enhancing it with new real-time, analytical and machine learning capabilities to power every aspect of our business. We are looking passionate software engineers to help us make it happen, so if you have the drive to take your software engineering career to the next level, while gaining practical, hands-on experience with the most cutting-edge technologies in the computer engineering and data space – We want to hear from you!
- Strong experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- Passionate about engineering and delivering the best solution for our customers
- High bar for operational excellence; ability and drive to quickly work with team through issue resolution, root cause analysis and successfully prioritize corrective action.
- Desire to learn about and aid in adoption of new technologies and best practices
- 2+ years Java development experience
- Team player with drive to grow others around them as much as themselves
- Experience delivering solutions on AWS or other large scale cloud platforms
- Experience building Big Data solution using technologies like Hadoop, Hive & Spark
- Experience around real-time data ingestion and/or machine-learning
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top