Senior Loan Representative - Inbound
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
An ideal candidate in this position will be responsible for answering all inbound customer phone inquiries with the goal of converting each inbound request. In addition, you will:
- Determine the wants, needs and interests of each customer to help drive loan listing conversion
- Provide a positive, professional, empathetic, consultative, sales-focused experience exhibiting the Lending Club brand
- Address the customers objections, provide solutions and position the appropriate Lending Club opportunity to achieve their goal
- Complete loan applications over the phone
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly conversion quota
- Follow assigned scheduling guidelines to meet demand for business needs
- Adhere to role specific compliance rules and regulations (i.e. TCPA, Quality Assurance, Borrower Authentication and CIP procedures)
- Never stop learning – become an expert in our product and service offerings and continue to expand your knowledge of the industry every day
- Help create a world class sales experience and thrive in a competitive environment
- Answer inbound customer calls a minimum of 60-80% of their time dependent upon non-production assignments.
- Train and mentor new hires during the onboarding process and provide supervisors with training feedback regarding the trainees and the training process.
- Demonstrate a mastery of internal reference and resource systems and support/advocate the use of the reference materials by loan representatives.
- Professionalism in dress and demeanor.
- Support supervisors by backing up leadership as a floor walker to assist representatives in troubleshooting and call escalations.
- Participate in other tasks/projects in conjunction with Operations and interdepartmental partners.
- Participate in training opportunities to develop leadership/management skills.
- Conduct 1:1s as needed.
- Conduct side-by-sides as part of ongoing team development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a sales or customer service driven role is preferred
- Proven ability to drives conversion rates in a high call volume sales environment
- You’re flexible with the ability to adapt in a constantly changing and fast paced environment
- You embrace a “Test and Learn” start-up atmosphere
- People love hearing you talk but you’re an even better listener
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to team work & collaboration and you bring others with you on your road to success
- Genuinely curious about people and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You’re self-driven and competition excites and motivates you
- 3-5 years of sales or customer service experience in a professional/ office environment.
- 6+ months of experience as a Loan Representative with 3+ months experience of effective sales.
- High attention to detail required, including minimal or no auto fails.
- A professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled with the ability to listen, teach, and elicit information efficiently – we work in a team-oriented environment.
- Exhibits a mastery of the Loan Representative role, consistently placing in the top performers of the monthly issuance for a minimum of three months.
- Proven success in developing new staff members.
- Excellent at handling customer objections as a problem solver with a genuine interest to sell our products.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with a track record of exceptional attendance and agent availability.
- Excellent writing, email, phone and organization skills, including strong verbal communication and computer skills.
- 5 day work week with possible early morning, evening, and weekend schedule.
Back to top