Senior Corporate Counsel
Senior Corporate Counsel
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
Lending Club’s Legal Department is seeking a highly motivated Senior Corporate Counsel to be based in the company’s San Francisco headquarters. This lawyer will report to our Senior Associate General Counsel, Borrower, and will be responsible for the overall delivery of legal and regulatory support to various lines of business.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner on all legal and regulatory matters by developing a deep understanding of business objectives;
- Advise and collaborate with legal and business teams on the development of new business products and services and review of marketing materials;
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the company’s business loan servicing operations;
- Structure, prepare, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements with minimal supervision, including strategic partnerships and joint ventures;
- Develop and implement training for business teams to educate and create broader awareness and context;
- Work closely with Compliance and Audit teams to ensure comprehensive risk support — including assisting with the investigation of and response to complaints and the management of any external compliance reviews and examinations;
- Drive and support special projects supporting the company’s strategic objectives; and
- Provide backup support for legal colleagues.
- J.D. and State Bar member in good standing;
- At least 5 years of legal experience, including foundation training in a law firm, with experience in government and/or in-house preferred; the company will consider attorneys with as few as 3 years of experience in a top tier law firm for a Corporate Counsel position;
- At least 2-3 years focusing on financial services and/or commercial transactions;
- Demonstrated expertise in financial services laws and regulations such as Card Act, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, SCRA, TILA/Regulation Z and/or GLBA
- Thrives in a rapidly changing, innovative business environment;
- Proven business operations aptitude;
- Comfortable in a legal support role that extends beyond delivery of advice to getting involved in the hands-on execution with business partners;
- Ability to manage multiple transactions, take on new responsibilities and handle novel issues;
- Collaborative team player who cultivates relationships with internal partners and external partner;
- Comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels;
- Strong listening and written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail; and
- Impeccable integrity.
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top