Principal Software Engineer - Big Data
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow, now we are reinventing the way we do data, and we are looking for strong Senior and Principal Engineers to help us make it happen! Our Big Data Solutions group is responsible for the strategic architecture, engineering and deployment of our Big Data ecosystem; including a large initiative to move our entire Big Data platform to AWS while enhancing it with new real-time, analytical and machine learning capabilities to power every aspect of our business. If you have the drive to take your software engineering career to the next level, while gaining practical, hands-on experience with some of the most cutting-edge technologies in the computer engineering and data space, and you meet most of the qualifications below – We want to hear from you!
- Expert with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- High bar for operational excellence; ability to quickly lead team through issues resolution, root cause analysis and successfully prioritize corrective action.
- Passion for architecting and leading implementation of resilient, distributed software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
- Desire to learn about, evaluate and appropriately drive team adoption of new technologies and best practices
- Mentor junior engineers and promote a culture of continuous learning; take an active role improving the overall potential of the group
- Successful track record of engineering Big Data solutions with technologies like Hadoop, Hive & Spark
- Expertise delivering solutions on AWS or other large scale cloud platforms
- 3+ years Java development experience
- Team player with drive to grow others around them as much as themselves
- Experience around real-time data ingestion and/or machine-learning a plus
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Back to top