Principal Software Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
Our fast growing business requires the architecture team to care about system scalability, performance, and processing of big volumes of data. The system needs to execute thousands of transactions per second and operate with terabytes of data. In addition to traditional web and data technologies, the system functional requirements drive us towards use of rule engines and machine learning. And, as a publicly available financial service, our system needs to be bullet-proof secure. This creates a unique environment where use of advanced cutting-edge technologies is fully justified by the business needs of the company. Lending Club is a great opportunity for experienced architects to work on technical challenges that not many engineers have had a chance to face in their careers. Through technology and business innovation, LendingClub is changing the conservative landscape of financial services into thriving people-centric industry.
The key responsibilities are:
- Develop and support key Java frameworks, build systems.
- Troubleshoot and participate in production support.
- Participate hands-on in scrum teams to implement LendingClub architecture.
- Work with Technical Management to understand requirements.
- Participate in building Scrum process and agile culture in the company.
- 8+ years of experience in building software using Java Enterprise technologies; technical leadership experience
- Experience in building event-driven distributed systems. Experience with Kinesis/Kafka, Samza/Spark is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Reactive Programming.
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Experience in data architecture, SQL, and ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, or similar).
- NoSQL and big data technology experience is a plus.
- Experience with data caching technologies and in-memory databases such as MemCached and Redis.
- Knowledge of rule/event and workflow engines (Drools, Activiti, Graph).
- Strong understanding of operational aspects of SaaS model.
- Deep technical knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery frameworks
- Desire to work in collaborative and fast paced agile environment.
- Experience in using Scrum process is a big plus.
- Strong background in Test Driven Development
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
Meet Some of LendingClub's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top