Paralegal - Litigation
Paralegal – Litigation
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
Lending Club’s Legal Department is seeking a full time, highly motivated Paralegal – Litigation (“Paralegal”) to be based in the company’s San Francisco headquarters. This position will report to the SVP, Legal. The Paralegal will support all aspects of litigation, investigations and other regulatory and compliance efforts. He or she will interact regularly with all levels of the business, as well as regulators. The successful candidate will be a team player with the flexibility and skill level to manage a wide range of projects.
- Conduct factual investigations, including interviews of witnesses, to locate and to obtain relevant documents and information;
- Support attorneys in case management, including fact discovery, motion practice, and budgeting;
- Maintain calendar and deadline-tracking for all assigned matters;
- Legal research and general online research and analysis, including use of PACER, WestlawNext and other research tools;
- Ability to manage all aspects of document collection for multiple cases at the same time and be proficient in implementation of litigation “holds”;
- Application of e-discovery knowledge and experience, including working with in-house e-discovery professionals and managing vendors;
- Assist in coordinating responses to discovery, including internal management of employees selected for depositions; and
- Lead legal and technology projects and work with cross-functional teams to drive completion.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform the above responsibilities successfully and have the following experience:
- At least six years of experience working as a paralegal supporting complex commercial litigation, preferably with at least two years being in-house;
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience at a high tech, financial services or fin-tech company is strongly preferred;
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited program;
- Strong computer skills, with SharePoint experience being a plus;
- Experience with government investigations desired;
- Strong work ethic, sound judgment and professional maturity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in a multicultural environment;
- Flexible, with ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and manage deadlines;
- Well organized self-starter who is proactive in soliciting and taking on projects and solving problems;
- Possesses a working balance of both efficiency and detail-orientation;
- Impeccable integrity;
- Exhibits grace under pressure and thrives in a fast- paced environment; and
- Good sense of humor.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top