Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
Lending Club’s Legal Department is seeking a full time, highly motivated Paralegal – Licensing (“Paralegal”) to be based in the company’s San Francisco headquarters. This position will report to the VP, Senior Associate General Counsel, Borrower. The Paralegal will support our in-house attorneys and interact regularly with all levels of the business, as well as regulators. The successful candidate will be a team player with the flexibility and skill level to manage a wide range of projects.
- Assist with research, completion and filing of new license applications;
- Research and track filing requirements and deadlines for renewals, annual reports, and other regulator required forms;
- Assist with document preparation to ensure on-time submissions of license renewals/annual reports/update forms due throughout the year;
- Gather responsive information for regulatory responses from internal business partners and assist with preparing those responses;
- Design and implement new legal processes for our rapidly developing company;
- Assist with legal and regulatory research related to all aspects of the business;
- Provide general project management and business operations support;
- Prepare and organize persuasive presentations; and
- Support our SVP with organizing team meetings and office events.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a paralegal position at a law firm and/or in-house, preferably with consumer finance exposure;
- Direct experience with licensing management;
- Proficiency in legal research;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills with high emotional intelligence;
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the business;
- Ability to organize voluminous information, prioritize, and multitask in a deadline driven environment;
- Excellent time management skills and a strong ability to take accountability for completing projects with minimal prompting;
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in financial services consumer is a strong plus;
- Comfort in an innovative, disruptive, test and learn culture; and
- Impeccable integrity.
Back to top