Marketing Communications Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is looking for an experienced content marketer to join the Consumer Lending Marketing team. The primary focus will be on creating and optimizing content that drives applications, conversion and engagement in the email marketing channel. This individual will work cross-functionally to develop compelling content to support acquisition efforts across multiple channels. The ideal candidate will have excellent communications skills and a metrics-driven approach to testing and developing new content. Reporting to the Senior Director of Borrower Marketing, the Manager of Marketing Communications will support the continued growth of email marketing and other digital channels.
- Develop creative and effective copy for email marketing communications, including acquisition campaigns, retargeting emails, and nurture campaigns.
- Test, report on, and optimize the impact of your content in the email channel.
- Build and refine engagement and lifecycle email communications for our borrower base.
- Create compelling content to support paid digital channels, including search, paid social, display, and native advertising.
- Develop blog posts and other long-form pieces to drive organic traffic, top of funnel awareness, and acquisition.
- Drive and coordinate unpaid social presence to expand the reach of our content and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with our Operations team to ensure our sales and service teams’ scripting and talking points support our acquisition goals.
- Ensure consistent messaging across various content marketing channels.
- Conduct regular competitive analysis and monitoring of content in the industry and use these insights to inform our content development.
- Develop a deep understanding of regulatory and legal requirements and effectively incorporate them into all marketing content.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in content marketing or communications, preferably in Financial Services
- Experience developing creative and compelling content with the goal of acquiring and converting customers
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Must be metrics-driven and comfortable with an iterative, test-and-learn approach to marketing
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top