Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013.
Who we are looking for
Lending Club is seeking new talent to join its Accounting team. We are a small, dynamic team and you will be our Manager, Payroll.
You will be responsible for leading and running semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll for 1600 + exempt and non-exempt employees across several states, handling regulatory reporting and filing to ensure that payroll and tax transactions are processed timely and accurately as well as other non-wage related items (e.g., equity-related income, taxable benefits and/or reimbursements, HSA, FSA, 401k). You will initiate and participate in business process improvement activities as it relates to the area of payroll and tax. You will have the chance to define and implement efficiency and enhancement recommendations. You will own projects end-to-end, developing insightful analyses, communicating clearly and compellingly, and working alongside the rest of the company.
- Manage accruals for vacation, sick leave and personal time accruals.
- Process the payroll implications of equity transactions: ESPP, RSU, options
- Review quarterly and annual tax filings from ADP and resolve problems, as needed.
- Oversee W-2 forms to ensure accurate and timely processing. Work in collaboration with GL, HR, Tax, Treasury, FPA and AP to produce timely and accurate results.
- Manage internal control policies and processes for the payroll team to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Research and implement compliance with company policies, federal, state and local laws.
- Lead a small team of payroll professionals.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Communicate various payroll-related topics to employees, as needed.
- Provide support for various accounting and finance projects, as needed.
- Think creatively and develop previously undefined processes around unusual scenarios.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors and brokers, as needed.
- At least 5-8 years minimum experience with payroll.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Strong social, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- ADP Experience
- Familiarity with Workday
- Experience with system implementations and/or conversions
- CPP certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top