Manager, Information Security Risk
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Sr Information Security Risk Manager is accountable for the development, implementation and program management to identify and administer Lending Club’s information security risks, which includes assessing and responding to third party security risks. This role is also responsible for working directly with security, technology, and business groups to enable Lending Club’s pragmatic approach to risk-based information security.
- Develop and execute the vision, strategy, and direction of the information security risk program and team against the risk program goals, objectives, and tactics.
- Manage a small team of Information Security Risk professionals.
- Sustain and improve the enterprise information security risk management framework, policy, processes, and tools.
- Enable risk-based strategic planning efforts across Lending Club, and ensure that risk mitigation strategies are identified, resourced and tracked.
- Manage the risk reporting process within the Information Security Team.
- Manage vendor security assessment reviews to enable informed decision-making related to third party engagements.
- Manage relationships with security, technology and business stakeholders to identify and communicate security risks and mitigation approaches.
- Coordinate with Lending Club’s ERM function relevant to information security risk and its overlap with product security and data privacy.
- Establish and report relevant metrics and KPIs to communicate status, demonstrate progress and build awareness of information security risk management program performance.
- Work proactively with the IT compliance function regarding key information security risk considerations.
- Effectively manage internal, external and cross-functional program resources to complete goals and initiatives.
- 7+ years of combined risk management, risk consulting, and information security work experience.
- 5+ years of experience directly leading and managing a team of risk and / or information security/IT professionals.
- Expert knowledge of risk management approaches and processes required, including proven implementation experience.
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in risk management, business management, information systems or other relevant field.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC a plus.
- Financial Services or Technology experience desirable, prior Big Four or other consulting experience a plus.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Back to top