Loan Underwriter, Small Business
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You are a passionate, driven, and goal driven professional that provides extraordinary service to Lending Club's Small Business Borrowers. If you are an individual who thrives in a dynamic, team-based environment and ready to dive into a robust, growing organization, you're the right fit for this role. We are looking to hire a talented and motivated Underwriter to be a part of the Small Business team.
- Perform underwriting of small business loans in accordance with Lending Club policies and procedures, in a technology-focused setting.
- Analyze financial documents and traditional and nontraditional credit information.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and throughput for your pipeline.
- Provide feedback and improvements to shape credit policies and procedures.
- You have 2+ years of experience in commercial lending or experience working in a small business
- Ability to review, analyze and verify financial documents such as business and personal Tax Returns, bank statements, credit reports, etc.
- Solid understanding of small business lending market
- Experience with lending guidelines and familiarity with loan terminology
- You have strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are proficiency in Excel, and online research, and alternative data analysis
- A four-year college degree
- Flexibility to work in a startup environment
- Passion for transforming small business lending, and helping small businesses access capital quickly, easily, and at good rates.
- You have ideas and enthusiasm to help us shape this new product, as we learn along the way
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top