IT Internal Audit Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Lending Club IT Internal Audit Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a dynamic environment independently. You will develop relationships throughout the company, especially with technology groups as well as with the co-sourced team to facilitate the risk assessment procedure, and to effectively perform internal audits. You will help identify creative methods and tools to bring efficiencies to the audit process, and leads their implementation. In addition, you will assist in continuously monitoring the business environment for changes that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require revisions to the internal audit plan or to the scope of a planned internal audit. This role reports to Internal Audit Director.
- Work individually or as part of a team to lead and perform integrated and IT internal audits in accordance with standards and expectations set forth in the Internal Audit Charter, Manual and Methodology.
- Execute and supervise the activities throughout the audit process, including: perform research, planning and scoping; conduct interviews and walkthroughs; identify key risks and controls; draft flowcharts and/or narratives, gather evidence and perform testing; prepare and review audit work papers; discuss and clearly articulate findings, observations and related risks with auditees throughout the process.
- Draft thoughtful and persuasive written internal audit reports and memos that clearly articulate the scope, objectives, issues, risk, root cause, and recommendations for remediation.
- Identify opportunities and utilize data analytics techniques where appropriate to evaluate large and complex populations of data.
- Assist with issue follow-up through check-ins with the business on progress and validate effective remediation through testing.
- As needed, assist with pre- and post- implementation system reviews, and perform internal readiness assessments.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Provide mentoring to other team members, as needed.
- Anticipate and handle obstacles, and formulate effective solutions.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Support the strategy of the company by providing assurance to third parties and potential investors.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related preferred.
- CISA highly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of IT Audit, Information Security Risk Management, IT Compliance or related experience, that includes 2-3 years of project and people management experience.
- Big 4 and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Experience working in a co-sourced environment a plus.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls over system development/change management, logical and physical access, data integrity/accuracy/completeness, as well as IT infrastructure security.
- Experience with programming languages, tools, and techniques to perform data analytics.
- Knowledge of COSO, ISO27001, ISO27002, NIST Cybersecurity, COBIT, PCI and other related frameworks.
- Able to work on multiple assignments at a time and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Able to collaborate with both technology and business partners, and identify and address business needs through building solid relationships.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and adaptive to change very quickly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a balance of skills with common-sense and an excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing with business partners.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top