Investor Operations Specialist
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club's Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail customers. The team is passionate about building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
The Investor Operations Specialists support the servicing of our Retail Investor client base. In this role, you will serve as a resource to multiple investment professionals and internal business units to support the sales efforts. In addition, the incumbent is expected to identify process improvement opportunities across the Investor Operations team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently.
- Effectively cultivate and maintain cross functional relationships with internal and external business partners to develop and document standard operating procedures. Ability to think "outside of box" is a must.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new investors including reviewing account documentation and opening accounts.
- Review, process, and submit IRA documentation to IRA custodian on a daily basis.
- Work directly with IRA custodian to resolve any issues that may cause delays in funding of IRAs.
- Provide operational support to Investor Sales and Service teams.
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Investor Services team as a whole.
- Willingness to work on "ad hoc" projects as needed, end to end, with full ownership and a "can do" attitude without feeling "above" any project at hand.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and up to 3 years' experience in a related role.
- Experience in Operations and/or Client Services preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial products and terminology (i.e. fixed income, IRA distribution, IRA contribution).
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pivot on short notice to meet the needs of the Investor business.
- Ability to thrive in an environment driven by change and improvement.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Salesforce, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint a plus.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top