Investor Marketing & Communications Director
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club's Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform. The team is passionate about building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
LendingClub is looking for a dynamic individual to help LendingClub's registered investment advisor subsidiary (LC Advisors) market its products. LC Advisors currently offers a series of private funds and has ambitious growth goals. You will play a crucial role in developing the strategy to reach new investors and maintain relationships with them, as well as executing upon that strategy. You will be both a strategist and a do-er: responsible for a variety of activities that include setting overall marketing direction, running marketing campaigns, creating marketing materials and written client communications. You should have a strong understanding of marketing methods utilized for private funds (e.g. hedge funds, private equity), and the needs and issues facing prospective investors, such as high net worth individuals, financial advisors and institutions (i.e., pensions, foundations, endowments, consultants, and asset managers).
- Lead marketing, communications, and PR strategy and execution for LC Advisors, including existing product growth and new product development.
- Set marketing and communications strategy at all levels working with business leads: which potential client segments to target by product, and the best marketing tools for reaching those prospects.
- Execute on the strategy through various mediums: investor letters and reports, email campaigns, website content, events/conferences, sales presentations and marketing collateral, etc.
- Work closely with Sales, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
- Work with internal partners (Business leads, Sales, PR) to position new and existing LC Advisors products and strategies, generate new strategic content and create educational materials.
- Provide existing investors with ongoing updates on fund performance, attributions and analysis.
- Proactively drive PR that supports growth of the business.
- Coordinate with internal marketing partners at LendingClub to use existing marketing tools and content as much as possible.
- Develop and manage LC Advisors' marketing budget.
- Stay ahead of client behavior and feedback, as well as industry trends.
- 7-10 years financial services marketing-related experience at an asset manager, hedge fund, private equity, wealth management firm or registered investment advisory firm
- In-depth understanding of the financial services industry, investment strategies and compliance practices
- Expertise in investment products and asset classes, especially fixed income
- Expertise in private fund offerings and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex investment concepts
- Excellent social, communication, and persuasion skills coupled with a desire to collaborate
- Excellent written, grammatical and editorial skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with changing priorities
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Passionate about supporting LendingClub's mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of LendingClub's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top