Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Role:
The Lending Club Internal Auditor is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This person is an individual contributor who is able to develop relationships throughout the company to facilitate the risk assessment process and to effectively perform internal audits. The Internal Auditor helps to identify innovative methods and tools to bring efficiencies to the internal audit process. In addition, this person helps to continuously monitor the business for changes that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require revisions to the internal audit plan or to the scope of a planned internal audit. This role reports to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Work individually or as part of a co-sourced team to perform integrated audits in accordance with standards and expectations set forth in the Charter and the Internal Audit Manual.
- Assist with performing research, planning and scoping, identifying key risks and controls, conducting interviews and walkthroughs, drafting narratives or flowcharts, evidence gathering, testing, preparing work papers to support conclusions, and discussing findings and observations with auditees throughout the process.
- Draft thoughtful and persuasive written internal audit reports and memos that clearly articulate the scope, objectives, issues, risk, root cause, and recommendations for remediation.
- Utilize data analytics techniques where appropriate to evaluate large and complex populations.
- Assist with issue follow-up through check-ins with the business on progress and validate effective remediation through testing.
- Assist with pre- and post- system implementation reviews and with internal readiness assessments.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles, and formulate effective solutions.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Support the strategy of the company by providing assurance to third parties and potential investors.
- Acts as a trusted advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related preferred.
- CIA and/or CPA highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk Management or related experience.
- Big 4 and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Experience with programming languages, tools, and techniques to perform data analytics.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable collaborating with business stakeholders, and identifying and addressing business needs through building solid relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptive to change very quickly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a balance of internal audit skills with common-sense and an excellent ability to communicate verbally with business partners.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top