Information Security Risk Architect
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You have a passion for information security risk management as well as the experience and skills to back it up. The only thing missing – an organization that understands what you have to offer, supports your growth, and provides you the opportunity to shine.
Lending Club’s Information Security team is seeking an experienced risk professional to join the team and assist with building and maturing the Information Security Risk Management program. You’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values and offers an opportunity to build new things and expand your capabilities.
As an Information Security Risk Architect, you will be responsible for building and maturing methods, processes and tools to support information security risk assessment services. You will also conduct risk assessments, provide guidance, and recommend risk management strategies that align with business goals and operations and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal stakeholders.
- Assist with maturing the Information Security Risk Management program and framework.
- Build and mature methods, processes and tools to support information security risk assessment services.
- Lead a variety of information security risk assessments, recommend mitigation strategies, and work with internal stakeholders to assign monitoring responsibility.
- Interpret risk and compliance requirements and translating them into actionable and sustainable implementations.
- Facilitate the information security policy lifecycle and provide input to corporate policies, standards and procedures.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with internal customers with the intention to exceed customer expectations.
- Contribute to other risk management activities such as remediation of security vulnerabilities and maintaining the Company’s risk register.
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Empower Lending Club’s culture of rapid innovation while promoting security and fostering trust.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of IT or information security risk management and advisory experience, with 3+ years of information security, compliance, or controls experience.
- BA/BS in information technology, business administration, or related field; MS preferred.
- Extensive experience with conducting IT, security, and compliance-related risk assessments and advising on mitigation strategies.
- Well-versed in various information security and risk frameworks/standards (ISO 31000, ISO 2700x, NIST 800 series, etc).
- Broad base of knowledge across a variety of compliance and control frameworks (SOC, ISO, PCI, CSA STAR, etc).
- Familiar with a broad range of technical concepts: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
- Must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced and consistently changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of an organization, and convey complicated technology and security concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight/direction.
- Able to grasp complex issues quickly.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, or CRISC a plus.
- Financial Services or Technology experience desirable, prior Big Four or other consulting experience a plus.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top