Human Resources Business Partner
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world's largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns. Since launching in 2007, we've built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. We're proud to be recognized as a leader for our growth and innovation, including being named a CNBC Disruptor 50 for the second year in a row, one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies for three years in a row, one of the Inc. 500., as well as the company with the "Best Start-Up CEO to Work For" by Business Insider. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California. In 2014, we had the largest IPO for a U.S.-based tech company.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join Lending Club. Reporting to the Senior Director, People Success, this People Success Director will be responsible for providing forward-thinking, proactive HR partnership and support to the Operations organization, supporting our Customer Support and Payment Solutions businesses. This dynamic, fast-paced role will interact with employees at all levels, and will have responsibility for a wide range of generalist functions, including policy and procedure management, training and development and setting the team up for growth and success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with business leaders to deliver the people strategy for their functions
- Maximize business acumen to identify and respond to trends in the business that may impact talent initiatives
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on performance related issues, including succession planning, employee development, compensation and benefits and performance improvement
- Provide coaching and counseling to develop performance management strategy and resolve performance issues
- Share employee insights with business leaders to guide their actions and priorities in support of team and employee engagement
- Identify skill gaps in the assigned client groups and develop action plans that build upon the strengths and develop the opportunities of the team
- Effectively build collaborative partnerships with cross functional partners across the organization
- Lead special projects as requested to support growth, efficiencies and scalability across Operations
- Project manage talent initiatives for the assigned client groups
- Assess and build talent pipelines and workforce plans
- Keep a pulse on the employees in the organization to ensure we are delivering excellence in the employee experience through engagement
- Support recruiting efforts as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field of study and 10+ years of human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
- Solid and broad knowledge of HR practices with experience in a key area of HR, ideally organizational design and/or talent development
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and handle changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business
- Demonstrated ability to lead, leverage resources/tools and establish realistic plans to deliver against objectives and priorities on time and within budget
- Strong influencer and collaborator
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong customer service; both professional and friendly demeanor
- Reputation for integrity and dedicated work ethic with desire for ownership of process and product success
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top