Fixed Income Valuation Associate
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You will be a contributor responsible for supporting the rapidly growing line of products in our business universe, providing accurate valuation of servicing rights and other valuation requirements. You will rely on your well-honed quantitative skills and cross-functional collaboration skills daily.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Perform basic valuations of consumer and small business loans, securities, and servicing rights
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of recurring updates to our valuation models, and ensure any changes are documented
- Collaborate with more seasoned members of our team and cross-functional teams to build models, and analyze, validate and implement improvements to our assumptions, methodologies and practices
- Identify valuation drivers and analyze changes in valuations against performance expectations
- Support and respond to reviews of valuation models, processes and results by internal and independent auditors
- Commit to the evolution of the quantitative and fixed income expertise of the team
- You are self-motivated, highly analytical and a strong problem solver
- You have strong quantitative skills and a basic understanding of fixed income valuation
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, or similar discipline within a quantitative field or equivalent training
- You have 2-3 years of applied experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with general knowledge of fixed income principles, analytics, credit risk and prepayment modeling,
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity building fixed income cash flow models and developing reliable approaches to discounting cash flows
- Understanding of general accounting principles
Lending Club is an Equal Opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top