Financial Analyst, FP&A
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
- This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, fun, talented and growing FP&A organization as a Financial Analyst within the Corporate FP&A group. This individual will support the Corp FP&A Finance lead and partner directly with senior finance, cross-functional business partners and executive leadership on all corporate financial analytics and planning and reporting activities. A successful candidate will challenge the status quo to drive insights and continuous improvement, be able to influence the decision-making process, be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a high degree of comforter in financial modeling and analysis.
- Monthly Activities:
- Support the monthly close process on behalf of FP&A and partner with cross-functional finance teams (e.g. technical accounting) to produce monthly revenue flash reports and monthly expense variance analysis. Deliver these monthly results along with analytics to senior finance leadership.
- Planning Activities:
- Support Corporate FP&A planning and analysis activities including the annual operating plan, quarterly financial statements forecasts, and long-range P&L planning.
- Enhance and build detailed financial models, track and analyze financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current and future business risks and opportunities.
- Prepare and present analysis, forecasts, reports, and recommendations to senior business and finance leaders to support critical decision-making opportunities.
- Ad Hoc Activities:
- Support Corporate FP&A team, executives and senior leadership on various ad hoc projects and analysis including new product launches, strategic partnerships, business development opportunities, three statements modeling, etc.
- System Activities:
- Support FP&A financial planning system updates in coordination with broader FP&A and business technology colleagues.
- Participate in financial system enhancement opportunities (enhancing current forecasting models, building new model template, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree, preference for Finance/Accounting/Economics.
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint knowledge and aptitude.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and critical thinking.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, as well as work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, and technology.
- Intellectually curious.
- Proven track record of success in prior roles/experiences.
Preferences (nice to haves):
- 1-3 years of Finance experience, preferably with deep expertise in supporting a growing technology or financial services organization.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top