Finance Manager, FP&A
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Finance Manager, FP&A
This role offers an opportunity to join a fun, talented, and growing FP&A team that partners closely with business on driving value and works closely with senior leadership on driving decisions. This individual would join our G&A Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and support key areas including CFO, GC, Chief of Credit and Head of Audit on all financial analytics, planning and reporting. S/he will drive decision support and employ technical acumen to automate reporting and drive continuous improvement. Successful candidates for this role will need strong finance & accounting skills, interpersonal skills and be ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Be a strategic finance partner to the G&A functions and assist in decision support
- Provide financial leadership to G&A businesses to forecast, plan, and report business activity and drivers.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers, metrics and scalability levers that drive both forecast and planning decisions.
- Review expense actuals and trends with business partners, as well as provide suggestions for efficiency improvements. Maintain forecast data accuracy and integrity at all times.
- Communicate to executive team efficiently and concisely, while having a deep understanding of the underlying analysis and data.
- Develop metrics-based approach to business in concert with Leadership team for all key operating activities.
- Challenge the status quo to drive insights and continuous improvement.
- Partner closely with recruiting and HR to lead headcount forecast for the G&A areas.
- Partner closely with accounting on financial close process to ensure reporting accuracy and future financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Present analyses and forecasts to senior business and finance leaders including the executives.
- 5-7 years of FP&A or equivalent experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and critical thinking.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment. Intellectually curious yet reliable.
- Strong cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, and technology.
- Proven track record of success in prior roles. Advanced Excel knowledge and aptitude.
Preferences (nice to haves):
- Expertise in supporting a growing technology organization
- MBA and/or CFA
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top