Employee Relations Specialist
Employee Relations Specialist
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join Lending Club. In partnership with the Director, People Success and others on the People Success team, the Employee Relations Specialist will be responsible for providing forward-thinking, proactive HR partnership and support to the Operations Function. This dynamic, fast-paced role will interact with employees at all levels, and will have responsibility for a wide range of generalist functions, including performance management, employee relations, training and development, onboarding and off boarding and policy and process management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact and information source for HR inquiries for our business partners; escalate issues when appropriate.
- Provide coaching and counseling to employees and managers to resolve performance issues
- Support the People Success team in key areas such as employee relations, employee development, recruiting, compensation and benefits
- Facilitate effective communication between employees and managers to support employee engagement and development conversations
- Participate in the development and delivery of HR and L&D programs; which include policy overviews, performance management and training & development.
- Conduct new hire orientation on a monthly basis
- Maintain department organization charts
- Support recruiting efforts as needed
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Work on HR projects and initiatives; and assist other areas within HR to provide leverage as needed
- Work closely with People Operations team on employee status changes across internal systems
- Process employment terminations and conduct employee exit interviews
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in related field of study and 3-5 years of human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
- Solid and broad knowledge of HR practices with experience in a key area of HR, ideally employee relations and/or training and development
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in implementing talent-related policies/procedures, coaching and problem solving with a passion to deliver effective results
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Technology savvy (operations within Microsoft package-excel, ppt) and prior experience with an HRM
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and handle changing priorities
- Strong customer service; both professional and friendly demeanor
- Reputation for integrity and dedicated work ethic with desire for ownership of process and product success
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top