Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the role
LendingClub is seeking a Director to join our Treasury team focusing on new products and systems to support the company's rapid growth. Reporting to the Vice President, Treasury, you will have broad experience in a Corporate Treasury function with deep knowledge of banking services and products. In this role you'll coach and develop a Senior Treasury Analyst and be a key leader that aligns with LendingClub business and finance teams to ensure Treasury readiness for all company initiatives. You will be a thoughtful leader that can support developing our strategy and manage deliverables across Finance.
Key job tasks and responsibilities
- Support LendingClub product expansion; drive Operational Excellence in Treasury processes aligned with business efficiencies
- Treasury lead on new loan and investor servicing solutions which will enable the department to scale efficiently with the next wave of growth
- Understand goals and rationale of new product initiatives and use your strong communication skills to clearly articulate and communicate impact to the business and other internal partners
- Identify business process challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using data and analysis to make strategic, scalable improvements
- Provide strategic support for business divisions where possible by using Treasury products, services and bank relationships
- Support the build out of the best in class Treasury organization with your business insight and assist in the execution of general Treasury functions as needed
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and processes to enhance controls and enable growth
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Certified Treasury Professional designation preferred
- Knowledge of cash management, investments, and Treasury procedures and operations
- Detailed knowledge and experience of US payment systems and banking products
- Highly proficient in requirements gathering and use of presentation tools
- Experience in people management and recruiting top performers
- Knowledge of Kyriba or similar Treasury Workstations and online banking systems
- Consistent record of success in prior role, with the ability to outperform in a fast paced, adaptive, fluid environment
- Intellectually curious, with a thoughtful approach. Evidence of demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking along with a 'can-do' attitude
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to form relationships across a matrixed organization, with peers, business partners and senior management
- Strategic thinker – crafts alternate ways to proceed and translates grand strategies into executable phased programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top