Director, Risk Management
Sr. Director, Risk Management (Risk Decision Engine Development and Analytics)
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
- Lead a team of analysts to design, build and enhance risk decision infrastructure for all Lending Club products
- Work closely with product managers and engineering teams in building more robust risk decision infrastructure, deploying models and risk decision strategies, enhancing system, trouble-shooting issues etc.
- Obtain deep understanding of risk policies of different lines of products, including Consumer, Small Business, and Purchase Financing, and ensure policies are validated, implemented and executed accurately
- Enhance the system capability to effectively incorporate new data sources into risk decision process.
- Expand current system to accommodate new products in more efficient and robust risk decision process
- Must to be willing to conduct hands-on data mining and data analytics.
- Build and coach a team of risk analysts
- 10+ years of experience in risk decision engine, data analytics as well as managing junior analysts
- Bachelor’s degree required in a quantitative, Engineering, or Computer Science field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- Extensive experience in SQL, Python/Perl, SAS, R or other equivalent data mining tools
- Experience in developing, validating and implementing consumer credit risk strategies and models
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective working relationships with other functional teams within the company, with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
Back to top