Director, Product Management
Hi! Thanks for checking in about a career at Lending Club!
Lending Club's mission is simple -- we want be America's lender. We're not a bank — instead, we connect borrowers with investors through our online credit marketplace — and by using technology to lower loan origination costs, we've quickly become America's largest issuer of Personal Loans.. so we're well on our way to our goal!
We are looking for someone with a strong passion for building products, creating exceptional experiences, and who will literally run through walls to do what's right for our Borrowers and Investors. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for getting things done, extensive experience as a product manager in a leadership role, has a track record for overseeing the growth of a product line, and performs well in rapidly expanding organizations.
- Develop the overall product strategy for product lines with Business objectives and growth OKRs
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers
- Set team OKRs and help co-ordinate product roadmaps with other product lines across the Lending Club business
- Drive the roadmap for products, working with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketing, risk, credit ops, legal and customer support.
- Oversee the customer acquisition funnel, monitoring conversion metrics daily and using data to drive informed hypotheses, experiment design and requirements.
- Partner with engineering leadership to lead the planning, prioritization, and release management processes that enable your team to test and launch new features rapidly
- Drive the execution against your team's plans, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with customers.
- Lead your teams with conviction, humility, positive energy, and strong values.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years Product Management experience including work on rapidly evolving consumer offerings
- At least 3 years of experience with lending or other FinTech products
- At least 3 years as a people manager
- In-depth experience in all of the following areas is required:
- UI/UX for website and mobile web-site products
- funnel conversion optimization
- Building APIs, working with developers as customers, building infrastructure/tools
- Experience in online credit, lending, risk management, and payments is a plus
- Experience with analytics software and familiarity with A/B testing is required
- Experience with high traffic e-commerce sites is a plus
You also bring:
- Deep customer empathy and experience with user research and determining needs
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-oriented mindset
- Ability to solve complex problems in an organized way
- Comfortable working closely with engineering
- Experience with Lean Startup methodology and Lean Canvas
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done
- Strong organizational, project management, and planning skills
- Ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Computer Science or related Bachelor's Degree or MBA a plus
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top