Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Reporting to the VP & GM of Business Loans, the Director of Marketing will build and lead a team responsible for all aspects of demand generation and marketing funnel optimization. Using marketing tactics such as search engine optimization, content marketing, search engine marketing, online advertising and social media, landing page conversion testing, and email marketing, you will grow our customer base and overall company revenues. Your insatiable curiosity will enable you to generate insights and opportunities across every aspect of our marketing funnel.
This role is ideal for someone who desires full marketing ownership for an already profitable business with ambitions to grow 10x over the next two years. You will gain the experience of working in a fast growing company, where you will have the opportunity to assemble a world class, virtual marketing team. Full-time, in house resources may be added based on solid business justification. You must be a highly productive individual contributor, be strong at analyzing data and prioritizing resources, and be able to recruit and effectively manage talented remote resources.
- Set marketing strategy and tactics through analysis of current and historical marketing data
- Develop and manage our network of agencies and world class freelance contributors who can work as a virtual marketing team. Hire onsite employees overtime as needed to supplement this team
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to website (including blog posts, whitepapers, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Develop link building strategies that encourage high quality small business and business finance oriented resource sites to link to our website
- Optimize our customer and lead nurturing processes by delivering high quality content with strong calls to action via email and social channels
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.)
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel, including landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of these conversion assets.
- Manage the strategy, execution and expansion of all paid advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with your counterparts in our other businesses to share learnings and resources as well as with your peers who run Credit, Sales, and Product for business loans.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience in multiple areas of marketing but especially Content Marketing and SEO
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expert in end-to-end inbound marketing. As owner of the marketing funnel, you must know what it takes to generate customers
- You must be hands on, analytical and able to extract meaning from data and use this to optimize your strategy and the team’s approach to executing it
Back to top