Director, Loss Forecasting
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Director, Loss Forecasting role reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management and is responsible for executing and maintaining the delinquency and charge off forecast for short and long term outlooks. The responsibilities for this position include: execution and compilation of forecast results for different Lending Club businesses – Personal Loans/Small Business/Auto Finance/Patient Finance, identifying challenges/opportunities of loss forecast process, subject matter expertise on portfolio trends as they relate to loss performance, and ability to explain dynamic impact of internal/external strategy or environment changes on credit losses. This role requires frequent interaction and communication with cross-function partners. Success in this role requires a self-starter who have creative thinking and problem-solving skills and can collaborate with different teams and identify opportunities to enhance the business through analytics.
- Execute and maintain delinquency and loss forecasting models for multiple usages spanning over budget planning, loan securitization, loan fair value evaluation, stress testing, loan loss reserves and monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Lead/participate in analytical projects to identify underlying portfolio performance drivers such as changes to originations/collections strategies, portfolio mix, changes in external economic factors, etc.
- Gather and evaluate data to identify key risk indicators and metrics, develop key metrics, enhance reporting and formulate areas of analytic focus to better capture and manage the main drivers of performance of the portfolio.
- Provide subject matter expertise and communicate updates and or recommendations relating to loss forecast changes.
- Work with cross-functional partners, e.g. Finance, Accounting, Credit, Decision Analytics, Modeling, Model Governance and Business to understand and address key business challenges as they relate to loss forecasting.
- 8+ years of experience in risk management & analytics
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field
- Experience in managing interaction and communication with both internal and external regulators (i.e. FED, OCC, Internal Audit) on all aspects of the loss forecast
- Experience in managing loss forecasting, reserve, or stress testing processes
- Experience in Excel VBA for process automation
- Experience in Finance and Collection is a plus
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top