Director, Data Product Management
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
As Director of Data Product Management, you will help to lead the overall strategy for data technology at LendingClub! We believe data is a true asset that should be managed as a product and leveraged for competitive differentiation. You will help to drive that mission through developing data capabilities and defining product opportunities. Example responsibilities include:
- Help to frame current data / analytic capabilities and describe our future strategic vision.
- Develop data technology roadmap based on end user requirements, product needs, and technology strategic objectives.
- Manage critical technology initiatives based on strategy / roadmap objectives (such AWS migration, real-time / machine learning automation capabilities, etc)
- Work with specific business units/peer product management to evangelize data technology opportunities and cultivate a backlog of projects.
- Manage overall data portfolio of initiatives including prioritization processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep understanding of data and analytic systems including big data technologies, data warehousing, business intelligence tools, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in various roles in data such as business analysis, development, or product management.
- Knowledgeable about current trends in the industry, experience in AWS common data patterns a plus.
- Experience with advance analytic / machine learning product solutions (how to harness data in product solutions).
- Knowledgeable in various data pipeline technologies.
- Solid data analytic skills such as SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience developing a strategic roadmap, such as gathering requirements through stakeholder interviews, developing a strategy and then communicating a strategy at all levels in the company.
- Experience in project managing complex infrastructure or application solutions.
- Willingness to jump in where needed!
- Experience in fintech a plus!
Back to top