Director, Customer Experience
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Director, Customer Experience
Lending Club is looking for a strong people manager and customer focused leader as Director of our Member Support team. The Director will have a proven track record managing >100 people and developing customer service managers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They should be able to implement and operate new solutions from end to end, including strategy, planning, and execution. Successful candidates should be equally comfortable utilizing process improvement, change management, and operational analytics to achieve results and outcomes. Successful candidates will be proven inspirational leaders with a focus on development of employees and instilling a positive environment of rewards and recognition. The Director will also partner with Product and Marketing teams to identify, quantify and advocate for customer experience improvements across product lines at Lending Club.
Manage the performance of a large part of the Member Support operation:
Build an organizational structure that maximizes the business objectives of great service and operational efficiency. Develop great people managers and supervisors. Ensure leaders are grown to be strong day-to-day coaches and developers of front-line talent, as well as stretch into more strategic work by identifying and executing operational or customer experience improvements.
Ensure the department meets service level – utilizing our Workforce Management team and supervisors to actively manage our queues. Work to design proper staffing models, set recruitment targets and staffing budget to ensure service levels.
Ensure performance standards are met across the operation – both individual and team based metrics. Drive teams towards exceeding operational goals and metrics to increase efficiency of the operation while maintaining high quality, high customer satisfaction, minimal errors and excellent compliance/policy adherence.
Drive performance management across the function, upholding/adjusting minimum standards as necessary, and ensuring poor performers are coached effectively or exited if minimum standards cannot be met.
Instill a culture of positive development of our employees, and seek to promote employees within and outside the organization as aligned to their career goals. Drive a managerial environment that focuses on the development of our employees, rewards and recognizes great contributions.
Drive communication to our front-line employees to maximize engagement and tap into their feedback to improve Lending Club’s products and service.
Drive contact mix to balance efficiency with customer satisfaction. Support the launch of new channels such as chat and text for servicing.
Support Voice of Customer program to ensure all teams within Lending Club have an ongoing, fresh perspective on who our customer is and what they’re trying to accomplish, as well as friction or pain points they encounter in the experience. Partner with Product teams to improve the borrower experience.
Set and execute on our self-service strategy online and via telephony to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Experience leading in a large Customer Service or Operations organization that operates through voice, chat, email, and text channels. Minimum of 5 years management experience in a 200+ seat call center or operation.
- Experience with outsourced agencies and vendor management and selection. Strong ability to manage agencies to results.
- Experience managing teams using data and analytics with a proven track record of increasing CSAT & NPS scores
- Strong experience developing leaders of people. Excellent motivator, change leader, and collaborator with other functional groups.
- Proven track record of implementing new solutions from end to end, including strategy, planning, and execution. Successful candidates should be equally comfortable utilizing process improvement, change management, and operational analytics to achieve results and outcomes.
- Oversee hiring, training, and development of a management team. Build and adjust staffing models and ensure front-line recruiting targets are met.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
Back to top