Director, Capital Markets
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is seeking a Director, Capital Markets to join our Treasury team. The successful candidate will have a deep background and passion for investments, capital planning and allocation, liquidity management, and credit facilities. This is an individual contributor role, but may manage in the future.
KEY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Lending Club’s cash and securities investment portfolios, including two external investment managers. Make recommendations and advise on investment strategies and portfolio management.
- Analyze industry and regulatory changes to liquidity and investment products and propose solutions
- Monitor investment policy compliance and credit / market risk
- Be a key leader in building out capital and liquidity planning and stress testing processes
- Analyze balance sheet and liquidity impact of new loan and investment products and funding solutions, and implement hedging or other strategies to mitigate risk
- Manage liquidity risk management process, including monitoring early warning indicators, preparing monthly liquidity risk reporting, and initiating contingency funding plan if indicated.
- Prepare liquidity and investment analysis and reporting for management and board committees
- Partner with corporate accounting on 10-K, 10-Q and other disclosures on cash, investments, and hedging
- Partner with FP&A, Accounting and other stakeholders to build out balance sheet and medium to long term cash, liquidity, and capital forecasts.
- Manage financial ratio and covenant compliance on Lending Club’s credit facility and ensure compliance with respective Treasury SOX and SOC-1 controls
- Provide ad hoc analysis of financial instruments, transactions, and/or companies
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Detailed knowledge of fixed income investments, liquidity management, cash forecasting and debt instruments
- Highly proficient in application of spreadsheets, analytical, and presentation tools
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting on investments and hedging
- Experience with Clearwater Analytics or other investment reporting and analytical tools
- Knowledge of Basel III risk based capital rules and Liquidity Coverage Ratio
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top