Director, Business Operations
You will lead a team responsible for dramatically improving the scalability of Lending Club and borrower/investor experience through automation, process and new technologies. This position will work closely with Risk Management, Credit & Fraud Operations, Collections, Member Support, Investor, Product, Engineering and other leadership teams to identify, develop, test and optimize business processes scalability. The Business Operations Director will be responsible for driving a variety of projects/initiatives with a large degree of autonomy and visibility.
Sample projects include:
(1) Design and optimize contact strategy across all customer segments
(2) Manage various growth initiatives across the organization
(3) Supporting the launch of new investor products
- Dedicated and passionate leadership and project execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations. You are known as someone who "gets stuff done." and can lead others to do so as well.
- Structured thinker. Develop and use frameworks to help structure the team's thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various partners and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Technology and Process Design. You are equally proficient in solving problems through technology as you are through operational excellence, and know when to employ the right tactic.
- Great communicator. You're effective in conversing with our front-line agents to truly understand how our operations work, as well as making a convincing case to our executive team about how we should change.
- Athlete. Play a wide-variety of roles to get the job done.
- Fast Mover. We move fast...done is better than perfect, and continual iteration is important. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- High-energy, positive teammate. This is a highly multi-functional role; egos are not present here.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 8-11+ years of experience in business operations, product management, banking/PE/VC, and/or consulting role
- Top-notch communication and presentation skills, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Self-starter/leader with ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout and lead a team
- Prior financial services experience, particularly in lending
- Master of Business Administration
- Previous entrepreneurial / project management / software development experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Stata, R, JMP, Excel and other data analysis software
Why Join Us? We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, a 401K match, great food, game rooms, and a convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As one of our employees put it: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top