Director, Brand Management
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is seeking a full-time director to lead the Westborough, MA brand teams which support the Lending Club Patient Solutions and Your Tuition Solution brands.
Overview: Responsible for achieving acquisition revenue goals by directing the development of strategic marketing plans for all communication channels within the Fertility, Hair Replacement, Bariatric, Learning Center and K12 education financing markets as well as new submarket development. Position will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and will oversee a team of brand managers and associate brand managers.
- Develop, implement and manage marketing planning including lead forecast and acquisition out of pocket budget to achieve annual business goals for submarket-specific funded volume and revenue. Assist in the development of overall annual marketing plans.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the target audiences, product offerings, competitive set, and market trends and keep stakeholders up-to-date.
- Analyze client and prospect data to develop success metrics which support objectives such as conversion goals, apps per provider, product mix, compliance training, etc.
- Leverage internal and external data by working with business analysts and brand manager to design and execute cost-efficient communications plans which may include but is not limited to direct mail, digital and print advertising, SEO, trade shows and social media.
- Partner with the National Accounts Directors, Regional Sales Directors, Partnership Director to develop customized, opportune communications programs and presentations.
- Champion the A/B test and learn approach by monitoring and course correcting activities on a regular basis.
- Provide strategic direction by overseeing the preparation of creative briefs, launch plans, offer development, and other strategic initiatives to support acquisition goals and enhance brand.
- Oversee project development, including but not limited to database queries, list management, messaging/content, creative development and execution, and IT specs.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, gathering subject matter expertise as well as keeping appropriate parties informed, contributing on communications launch plans for process improvements or product releases.
- Conduct regular update meetings with Senior Director of Brand Management and Brand Managers to review projects and provide or receive direction.
- Conduct monthly marketing review meetings with the leadership team to alert senior management to any market issues or concerns.
- Identify opportunities and recommend product, process, and pricing improvements to enhance competitive position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, master’s degree preferred
Experience: 8+ years of marketing experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a brand management role within a professional environment. Medical, financial or education business segment experience a plus. 5+ years of experience in a management role.
- Proven strategic mindset with demonstrated track record in brand growth.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex market and get up to speed quickly.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to determine and fill knowledge gaps.
- Proficient at both test design and results analysis.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, project management, time management and consensus-building skills.
- A proven track record in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing plans with previous involvement in direct mail, digital media, trade shows and social media channels.
- Equally proficient in strategic and hands-on performer mode. Can readily adapt to shifting priorities, a fast pace and a fluid environment.
- Self-motivated but collaborative with an eye to managing to goal.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top