Director, Application Data Architecture
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Managing data as a product is a key priority for LendingClub. As Director of Application Data Architecture, you will be setting the critical data standards that will apply to all application development teams, as well as be a leader and champion to ensure those standards are met throughout our agile development organization!
- Define data best practices and processes for data architecture in collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and Operations.
- Define standards and conventions and evangelize their application across the technology organization.
- Establish ways to measure ongoing data architecture quality to ensure we are monitoring and improving data architecture over time.
- Host brown bags, training sessions, and other forums to train engineering teams around good data architecture practices.
- Lead/consult on Data Architecture for key applications and domains.
- For specific projects, model data using data modeling tools and/or refactor existing data models to improve performance, correctness, and scalability.
- Create and refine data dictionary content for new and existing data models using data modeling tools and/or meta data management tools. Create process to federate data dictionary reponsibilty and monitor its quality.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to optimize data models and Java application code together.
- BS or above in a computer technology related field.
- 10+ years of relational data modeling experience demonstrating the successful delivery of numerous business-critical applications from raw business requirements (full life cycle).
- 5+ years directly managing a data architecture team, with successful experience working in an agile/scrum federated model.
- Proficiency with data modeling tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio and PowerDesigner.
- Experience with financial data models (or data models of similar complexity) a plus.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and procedural extensions in Oracle and/or MySQL environments.
- Java and JPA development experience is a big plus.
- Microservices architecture experience is a plus.
- Big Data and/or NoSQL database experience is a plus.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top