Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California. The Role:
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we utilize data! As a talented Data Engineer you will join our growing Data Technology team to help drive business decisions. Lending Club's business is data driven and you will build solutions to help the company make decisions about marketing, pricing, credit, funding, and many other business aspects.
- A Scrum team-player who loves to use data to analyze the past and to predict the future
- A passionate engineer who enjoys challenging and interesting problems – big data volume, scale, performance, and integration to name a few
- A professional who is excited to apply their current skills and an open mind to grow their knowledge base
Your skills should include:
- Data analysis, mapping, and modeling
- 2+years of Development of high performance SQL/Hive queries and data transformation
- Strong relational database skills
- You have exposure to BigData challenges and NoSQL technologies (Hive, Oozie, MongoDB)
- UNIX/Linux experience and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- You have the ability to work with a team in solving problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Java and AWS experience is an asset
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We believe one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this visionary goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top