Credit Specialist, Auto
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) is the world"s largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns. Since launching in 2007, we"ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. We're proud to be recognized as a leader for our growth and innovation, including being named a CNBC Disruptor 50 for the second year in a row, one of Forbes" America"s Most Promising Companies for three years in a row, one of the Inc. 500., as well as the company with the "Best Start-Up CEO to Work For" by Business Insider. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California. In 2014, we had the largest IPO for a U.S.-based tech company.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
- Interact with borrowers to verify identity and/or employment information, explain documentation requirements, and answer any questions borrowers may have regarding their loans.
- Perform manual underwriting of Auto loans in accordance with LendingClub policies and procedures.
- Review and verify financial documents such as pay stubs, W2, 1099's, tax returns, bank statements, etc.
- Review and verify Auto-specific documents such as vehicle registration and insurance.
- Understand Debt-to-Income ratios.
- Maintain "pipeline" of loans in review.
- Work with partners to facilitate vehicle title perfection.
- Ability to operate under strict guidelines set by government agencies such as the DMV and SEC.
- Interact with LendingClub vendors and affiliates and help maintain service level agreements and performance guarantees.
- Problem solve payoff shortages and miscellaneous payoff and title release issues with third party lenders LendingClub transacts with
- Maintain highest level of customer service and quality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extremely organized with ability to maintain large customer base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with strong attention to detail
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in the consumer lending industry
- Experience underwriting loans and/or reviewing financial documents is a plus
- Ability to read credit bureau reports
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and online research
- Knowledge of the auto industry and general terminology (i.e. trim level, insurance coverage, title etc.) preferred
- Capability to interpret DMV title history information and identify registration or titling codes on a state by state basis preferred
- Familiarity with vehicle insurance policies and verification procedures utilized to confirm coverage limits and vehicle condition preferred
- A four-year college degree is preferred
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top