Corporate Strategy Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is looking to hire a rock-star Manager, Corporate Strategy. The successful candidate will be a former strategy consultant who wants to join a small team of ex-Bain and McKinsey consultants who own the development of Lending Club’s strategy. Lending Club is a pioneering company with a vision of transforming the financial system, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for innovation through technology. This opportunity is an exceptional chance to join a high growth company and get tremendous ownership experience and executive exposure.
The main focus of the role will be to drive Lending Club’s strategy through insightful analyses, clear and compelling communication, and a healthy dose of internal client and process management. The job involves working with all members of the executive team, especially frequent engagement with the CEO and COO. The executive team trusts you to make smart recommendations and to get things done at Lending Club.
In addition to the core mandate of developing and helping to carry out the company’s strategy, the role involves creating industry thought leadership content for external consumption, including CEO keynote speeches. Finally, as befits a high-growth, successful company in an ever-changing industry, there will be opportunities to get involved in a wide range of initiatives from M&A scans to product launches.
You have a well-rounded strategy consulting skill-set. You can do both in-depth and high-level analysis and work effectively with people at all levels of seniority. You value the opportunity to stretch yourself to grow and develop.
Depending on preferences, this role could eventually be a stepping stone to other roles in the company or unique experience prior to business school.
The Manager, Corporate Strategy will report to the Head of Corporate Strategy.
- Help the C-suite determine strategic direction of the company and drive decisions by generating insights using internal and external data. Includes analyzing new markets to enter, potential M&A targets and critical internal initiatives.
- Help executives roll out and implement the recommended strategic initiatives.
- Drive corporate strategy process, managing stakeholders.
- Work closely with top executives, especially CEO and COO.
- Create content for the CEO by developing presentations / speeches / papers for key external stakeholders (e.g., conference keynote speeches, TV and podcast appearances).
- 3 years experience at top-tier consulting firm or strategy team of leading financial services company
- Financial services experience a strong plus
- Technology experience a plus
- Experience with strategy projects, data analysis, direct client management
- Self-starter and ability to own projects from initial question development to rollout
- Excellent prose and PowerPoint writing skills and sense of design (for developing content for external consumption)
- Flexibility required to work in a startup environment: moving quickly and handling changing priorities, working independently and in teams
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior business leaders
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, results-oriented approach
- Facility with advanced data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, R, and Python) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top