About Lending Club
LendingClub Corporate (NYSE: LC) (“Lending Club”) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Since then, we’ve built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering exceptional value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates – $1 billion at a time.
Lending Club’s Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail, high net worth, institutional and bank sales channels. The team is focused on building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group legal team partners with dedicated business, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients. Our investors include retail accounts, asset managers, endowments, foundations, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds. Our consumer loans are used for many purposes, including debt consolidation, paying off credit cards, financing home improvements, and refinancing auto loans. Our small business loans are used by businesses to expand, buy inventory, purchase equipment, finance working capital, and to refinance higher interest loans.
Lending Club’s Legal Department is searching for a talented new Corporate Counsel to be based in the company’s San Francisco headquarters. The Corporate Counsel will have broad general corporate experience and will support Lending Club and its Investor Group with day-to-day investor transactions and corporate and securities matters.
The successful candidate will have outstanding communication, interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills. This lawyer must anticipate and deliver on the needs of Lending Club’s fast-paced and innovative business. He or she will also be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the flexibility to manage a wide range of projects proficiently.
- Advise and support the Investor Group’s corporate legal needs, including drafting and negotiating agreements and other general corporate work relating to investor relationships;
- Assist with general corporate legal matters, including preparation and submission of SEC filings, equity administration, corporate development and corporate governance;
- Analyze, interpret and monitor complex provisions in corporate agreements to ensure compliance and consistency;
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and support on marketing, contract management, accounting and compliance requirements;
- Assist internal stakeholders with responses to external inquiries, including due diligence and client and regulatory requests;
- Develop strong, collaborative partnerships with Lending Club’s operations, finance and external reporting teams; and
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, and partner collaboratively to identify issues and develop solutions with Legal Department colleagues.
- J.D. and State Bar member in good standing;
- 2-4 years of corporate transactional and securities experience, including foundational training in a law firm;
- Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with legal work supporting deal making;
- Ability to quickly understand the business’ needs;
- Ability to work effectively with business teams, Legal Department colleagues, and other internal groups to efficiently develop solutions and deliver results;
- Excellent business and legal judgment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Desire to pitch in and to learn new areas of the business and legal practice;
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Comfort with an innovative, disruptive, test and learn culture;
- Collaborative team player with strong creative problem solving skills; and
- Impeccable integrity.
- Experience with securities laws and regulations, including the ’33 Act and the ’34 Act;
- Interest in and knowledge of marketplace lending and current trends in the financial technology industry;
- Legal experience in-house or in government, in addition to private practice, is a plus;
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the business; and
- Agile self-starter with a default to action mentality.
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top