Compliance & Risk Analyst
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club's Compliance Department is seeking talented candidates for the position of Compliance and Risk Analyst to support the company's marketplace lending activities. Based in San Francisco, CA, the successful candidate in this role will contribute to a strong, data-driven risk management culture with the second and third line functions to help ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported out on an ongoing basis.
Working across the Compliance and Enterprise Risk departments, and reporting to the Compliance and Risk Director, the Analyst will support the development of effective regulatory compliance internal controls, issues management, risk assessments, testing and monitoring automation, and ongoing process improvements.
The successful candidate will have outstanding analytical and technical skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and SQL; an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business; and the flexibility to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously.
- Partner with colleagues in Product, Risk, Engineering, Fraud, Legal, and Strategy and Execution to develop and implement automated tools for evaluating and mitigating compliance risks.
- Use technical skills to assess large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros, efficiently query for information from various databases, and create dashboards for compliance and risk reporting purposes.
- Review, update, and implement compliance risk assessments, including those for BSA/AML and consumer regulatory risks.
- Assist with compliance testing and monitoring of current and future regulatory obligations, regulatory exams and audits, and other regulatory matters as required.
- Handle compliance aspects of Lending Club's third-party vendor relationships, including due diligence and ongoing monitoring.
- Support other key data-related compliance and risk management projects as needed.
- BA/BS Degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under strict deadlines and in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, particularly with large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other Office products
- At least 2 years of experience working with a consulting, financial services, or technology company
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management at a top-tier consulting, financial services, or technology company.
- Knowledge of SQL for practical applications, Python, JAVA, VBA, Tableau, and/or SAS, or the willingness to learn these programs.
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and consumer compliance laws (ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, GLBA, etc.), or the willingness to learn about such laws and regulations.
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top