About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
LendingClub's Compliance Department is seeking talented candidates for the position of Compliance Director to support the company's Borrower and Investor operations. Based in San Francisco, CA the Compliance Director will be a key leader working with business partners to identify and mitigate potential risks to Lending Club. This individual will be responsible to design and implement programs, policies, and regulatory requirements. The role will be is responsible for advising business leaders on regulatory requirements, emerging regulatory risk, on regulatory considerations with respect to the design, marketing and delivery of products and services and on the development of new businesses and strategies by LendingClub.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Provide leadership in the proactive design and development of internal controls consistent with an effective compliance management program.
- Direct the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements. Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance issues.
- Provide oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment. Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Direct the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to credit based product lines, the Investment Adviser's Act, the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, the Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and other laws and regulations that may be applicable to the Investor functions.
- Develop and oversee compliance policies and procedures with respect to Borrower and Investor businesses.
- Support risk assessment activities, including identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Support and manage reviews by internal and external auditors, third-party partners, regulatory agencies, and timely resolution/closure of action items and remediation plans.
- Provide oversight for compliance adherence through self-assessment programs and examinations.
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top