Lending Club’s Compliance Department is seeking talented individuals for a position as Compliance Director to support the company’s borrower operations, based in Westborough, MA. The Compliance Manager contributes to a strong risk management culture with first, second and third line functions to ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported on an ongoing basis.
This role also provides support and subject matter expertise for the evaluation and development of effective regulatory compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements. The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Design, implement, and monitor Lending Club’s compliance program for the company’s patient solutions and tuition solutions operations
- Advise on consumer lending compliance laws and regulations
- Provide guidance to business partners relating to business requirements and development of controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
- Monitor regulatory/legal developments, assess impacts and provide oversight to ensure they are effectively communicated to business teams, the LOB and appropriate actions are taken
- Implement testing program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls
- Develop and supervise compliance policies and procedures
- Support risk assessment activities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Design and implement internal risk governance processes
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- 3 years of financial services experience
- Demonstrated application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA Including Red Flags Rule, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP and GLBA.
- 6 years of financial services experience, preferably in compliance, risk management and/or audit roles
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules and regulations and creatively apply to Lending Club’s business model
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top