Compensation & Equity Director
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Compensation & Equity Director is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of compensation and benefits related activities of the company. This includes recording payroll and related benefits, taxes and accruals; corporate bonus calculations and accruals; sales commissions / compensation plan calculations and accruals; equity-based compensation calculations.
This role will be the lead partner with HR and Finance/Accounting executives, driving strategic and long term initiatives related to compensation and equity, including stock plans, packages and complex business issues. He/she will also have primary oversight for all equity, payroll and equity accounting operations, managing 2-4 direct reports.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Partner with HR and FP&A to develop new compensation programs related to new career models or revised job / compensation architecture
- Participate in benchmarking Lending Club compensation practices/salaries to ensure competitive offers
- Partner with HR and FP&A on exceptional compensation scenarios such as executive compensation
- Oversee Equity Accounting, including proper documentation of ASC 718 and all quarterly and annual filings
- Provides oversight for the calculation and responsible for the proper accounting for all other variable compensation programs administered by the FP&A group.
- Provides oversight of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles, including the recording of needed journal entries.
Reports to: VP Corporate Accounting
- 7-10 years relevant accounting, FP&A, equity/stock administration or HR business partnership experience
- C.P.A. or equivalent, Certified Equity Professional (CEP) desired
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability is a characteristic highly valued in this high growth environment
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top