Capital Markets Analyst
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club's Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail and institutional investors. The team is passionate about building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
Who We Are Looking For
Lending Club is looking for a Capital Markets Analyst to join its Institutional Group and take on some of the company's most defining strategic issues. You will become an integral member of project teams that lead funding flows on our platform, and develop and implement new investor product strategies across institutional, bank, and retail investors.
You'll help drive the scalability of the Lending Club Institutional business through new product development, and improvement in the investor experience. You'll develop close relationships with Lending Club's institutional investors. You will work closely with Finance, Treasury, Legal, Operations and Institutional Group Sales to identify, develop, and optimize business processes. This is a special opportunity to help an innovative, disruptive and developing company to transform multiple industries.
- Coordinate internal and external parties for the securitization process (business leaders, underwriters, rating agencies, and contributors)
- Help negotiate and evaluate warehouse lines for our clients and LC
- Assist with due diligence process between warehouse providers and internal teams
- Assist with the development of new investor products and funding solutions;
- Support execution of new partnerships;
- Manage projects critical to developing relationships with investors including banks, hedge funds, pension funds, and other finance companies;
- Assist sales team in prospecting new clients, developing sales strategies and relationship building;
- Identify investor-related business challenges and opportunities for improvement, and recommend strategic or tactical solutions using supporting analysis.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics, or similarly technical field;
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives;
- Keen interest in investment products and, generally, intellectual curiosity;
- Extraordinary client service skills;
- Professional maturity and sound business judgment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Superb attention to detail, very accurate and well organized;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience with investment structures is a plus.
Nice to Have (Desired Skills)
- Experience at an investment bank, buy-side firm, rating agency or top-tier accounting firm
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, Java, VBA or SQL)
- Internship experience within financial services or a credible accounting firm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top